As of January 14, 2012, the Military OneSource Tax Program will launch the H&R Block at Home® free electronic tax filing service. (www.militaryonesource.mil) File your Federal and State taxes online for free! The IRS will begin processing efile returns on January 17, 2012. If you complete your returns with the H&R Block at Home® service offered through Military OneSource prior to the 17th of January, your files will be held. When the IRS efile opens, the H&R Block system will automatically submit the return to the IRS. *The free offer is only valid through the Military OneSource site.
Who is eligible for this service?
- All Active-duty service members of the U.S. Army, U.S. Marine Corps, U.S. Navy, and U.S. Air Force.
- National Guard and members of the Reserve (regardless of activation status), includes members of the Coast Guard Reserve activated as part of the Department of the Navy under Title 10 authority.
- Spouses and dependent children of the services noted above, and who are authorized in DEERS.
- A family member who is taking care of the affairs of a service member (in one of the services noted above) when the service member is deployed.
- A severely injured service member of one of the services noted above, or a designated family member of a severely injured member who is incapable of handling his or her own affairs. Medically retired individuals are eligible until 180 days past their End of Tour of Service, retirement date, or discharge date.
This is the same program you may have used before. If you have already created an H&R Block account, your login credentials for that account will still work to access your personal tax information.
If you have questions about this tax service or about your tax returns, please call 1-800-342-9647 to speak with a Military OneSource tax consultant. Trained tax consultants are available 7 days a week from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. EST. For online assistance with questions about deductions, exemptions and filing deadlines, send inquiries to TaxQuestions@militaryonesource.mil.