Skip Navigation
Fri Dec 06, 2019
Army OneSource
Army OneSource
Confidential Help: 800-342-9647     Technical Support: 877-811-ARMY
Commander's Page Online Training
Volunteer Tools Total Army Strong
Full Website
This site may not be optimized
for a mobile browsing experience.
Please don't show me this again:

RRP: Cultural Adaptation

Cultural Adaptation

Settling into a new duty station, especially in another country, can be an overwhelming experience. This is when ACS Relocation Readiness can help.

In locations outside the US, ACS will offer language classes to help you learn the language of your new home. Most ACS centers can connect you with English as a Second Language (ESL) classes as well.

Need assistance translating or understanding your utility bills, or something else you've received in another language? Many ACS centers in overseas locations offer translation services, but only for unofficial documents.

Are you or your Spouse preparing to become a US Citizen? Or is your Spouse seeking Permanent Resident status to travel with you to the US? Relocation Readiness can assist. Additionally, the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has established a toll-free military help line, 1-877-CIS-4MIL (1-877-247-4645), exclusively for members of the military and their families.

If you've just arrived in a country that's new to you, take advantage of our newcomer orientations, or our Culture College if in Europe. you'll learn about cultural do's and don'ts, using public transportation, and the sights and sounds of your new home.

Top 10 Things To Do or Know Before Moving To:
Click on the link above for the corresponding country to access the document.

Visit Relocation Readiness for:

  • Language Classes to include ESL
  • Translation Services
  • Cultural Classes
  • Newcomers Orientations

  • Relocation Managers can assist users with completing immigration paperwork and directing to the proper resource with questions when it comes to Permanent Resident status or the Naturalization Process.
  • The experts in the field for Citizenship related questions is the US Citizenship and Immigration Services. Please visit the Military related information on the USCIS website or your nearest Embassy.



Military OneSource provides an installation program directory that allows you to search for your local Relocation Assistance Program Office.

Click Here to access
the MOS Moving page and
utilize program directory.

*The directory is located on the right side halfway down the page.